dinsdag 11 oktober 2005

Simons Town

Simons Town, the home of the navy of South Africa. Before we will dump our personal stuff in a backpackers lodge, we went to Boulders. This is a site, little bit to commercial, where you can watch penguins sitting there. Maybe a narrow mind, but these birds were cute for a half hour. When you look longer, there was nothing exciting to explore. Probably, these feathered friends were moulding, because of the circumstances there was no action, only smell.
And that moment in time, I did own a little camera, poorly equiped for shooting some nice pics in wildlife. Or with other words, over distance. This lack of technology I did not miss too much. However, with the camera which I have now (2008) I would not be so fastly bored, I guess.
Nevertheless, I was satisfied when I was writing in my journal that evening on the balcony of that lodge. Later on, all the alcoholics went to bar. After some delicious beers in another 'white' (how disappointing some way) establissement, we were little drunk and much too late back in the lodge. Sweet dreams.
African Penguin (Spheniscus demersus)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten